Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
FSLA Status: Hourly
Location: Sparks, MD
Reports To: CS Manager
Prepared Date: August 2011
The Customer Service Representative will work to provide service and support to established customers and sales & product team members, while always looking to engage in suggestive selling techniques. It is crucial that the candidate quickly learn the product categories and understand the direction of the brand.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLITIES:
* Maintain the order file within assigned portfolio of accounts (includes booking re-orders, checking availability, advising sales representatives on needed information to update account status (i.e. extensions, cancellations, etc) daily
* Follow the order process from the point of sale until an order has been shipped and delivered
* Establish working structure with the Sales Representatives to ensure that there is communication and an understanding of each account
* Work with assigned Sales Representatives to manage accounts. Set aside a time at least one time per week to discuss what orders have been dropped, what orders are called in for routing and what orders will not ship within the accounts shipping window
* Provide weekly overview report of outstanding items to assigned Sales Representatives to allow for follow up
* Send EDI order updates each day as received to the appropriate sales rep noting that it was received and/or if there is missing information, confirm pricing, etc.
* Work closely with Product, Purchasing, IT, Credit/Collections and Logistics to ensure orders are on time and in route per the ship dates
* Work closely with the Distribution Center and Customer Compliance to ensure orders are dropped correctly, VAS is applied, orders are being routed timely, and there are no shipping issues.
* Work from the Distribution Center once a week every few weeks as assigned
* Attend weekly CS Department meetings and be prepared with updates, concerns, etc.
* Update price changes that have been approved by the appropriate manager the same day they are approved
* Respond to return phone calls and emails the same day that they are received
* Evaluate customer concerns, troubleshoot, and provide solutions to exceed customer expectations
* Process returns.
* Receive inbound customer service calls.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft apps
* Strong ability to multi task and prioritize
* High School Diploma required with experience, college degree strongly preferred