FILA GRANT HILL SWEEPSTAKESOFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO PHYSICALLY RESIDE IN ONE (1) OF THE FORTY-EIGHT (48) CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The FILA Grant Hill Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is sponsored and administered by Fila U.S.A., Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on November 2, 2018 at 12:00AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 4, 2018 at 11:59:59PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, there will be one (1) entry period (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer clock will be the official clock of the Promotion. PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Promotion, a participant must meet the following qualifications: (i) be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry; (ii) be a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia and (iii) physically reside in one (1) of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (a “Participant”). Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and other United States territories and where prohibited by law.
Employees, officers or directors of the Sponsor or its parent companies, shareholders, subsidiaries and affiliates, and Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and web design agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
Participation in the Promotion constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a Prize (as defined below) is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Participants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor. Sponsor will have the unlimited right to republish any entry.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Participants must follow these Official Rules, which may be found on the following webpage http://www.fila.com/GHsweeps.
At or around the Start Date and Time of the Entry Period, Sponsor will inform the public of the Promotion by (1) posting an Instagram Story on its FILAUSA Instagram page to inform followers of the opportunity to participate in the Promotion; (2) posting a link to the online entry form webpage http://www.fila.com/GHsweeps on the www.fila.com; and, (3) sending out an e-mail to those individuals that are currently registered to receive e-mails from the Sponsor informing them of the Promotion and including a link to the online entry form webpage http://www.fila.com/GHsweeps.
Participants are limited to one (1) entry in the Entry Period as set forth below.
To enter the Promotion, eligible Participants must visit the following webpage: http://www.fila.com/GHsweeps and fill out completely and accurately the online entry form and submit the completed online entry form during the Entry Period. LIMIT: One entry per Participant for the Entry Period during the Promotion Period. If it is discovered or suspected that a person has attempted to enter or has entered the Promotion by using multiple identities, every one of that person’s entries will be declared null and void, that person will not be awarded any prize that he or she might otherwise have been entitled to receive and such prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
A URL link to these Official Rules is included on the online entry form webpage http://www.fila.com/GHsweeps.
If a Participant accesses the Promotion on his/her mobile device, the Participant’s wireless service provider may charge the Participant for applicable data charges. Participant should consult his or her wireless service provider for more information on its pricing plans prior to participating in the Promotion via a mobile device.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
4. RANDOM DRAWING:. Within twenty-four (24) hours after the End Date and Time of the Entry Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from the pool of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor shall deem the potential winner as the official winner only after the potential winner has verified both his or her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules to the Sponsor’s satisfaction (each a “Winner”). Sponsor may announce no winner if no winner have been verified and/or confirmed.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Prize: One (1) verified Winner will receive one (1) pair of Fila Grant Hill 2 Hall of Fame shoes autographed by Grant Hill (the “Prize”). The verified Winner acknowledges that he or she cannot select the footwear size of the Prize.
B. Total ARV: The total ARV of the Prize is Four Hundred and Thirty-Four Dollars and Seventy-Five Cents ($434.75). Actual value may vary; no difference between actual value and ARV will be awarded.
C. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
D. Prize Conditions: Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Promotion. The Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason and shall not be held responsible for the unavailability of the Prize in specific shoe sizes or styles. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except if Sponsor deems such substitution or exchange appropriate. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize or any component thereof is unavailable, or in case of Force Majeure (as defined in Section 7 below), at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the Winners’ responsibility. Prizes will only be awarded to verified Winners. Compliance with all local, state and federal tax laws and regulations are the sole responsibility of each Winner.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE AND RELEASES: To notify a potential winner of their selection in the random drawing as set forth in Section 4 of these Official Rules, the Sponsor will send an e-mail to the potential winner to the e-mail address that the potential winner listed on the online entry form to enter the Promotion (the “Notification”).
The potential winner shall respond to the Notification to confirm its receipt and to verify that he or she meets all of the conditions to qualify as a Participant as set forth in Section 2 of these Official Rules.
If a potential winner does not reply to the Notification within forty-eight (48) hours from the time that the Notification was sent, then the potential winner will be disqualified. If the potential winner replies to the Notification within the time frame set forth above, except where prohibited by law, the potential winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability & Publicity Waiver and Release or any other additional information that Sponsor may require, including, but not limited to, a copy of the potential winner’s government-issued photo identification (collectively, the "Documents"), which must be executed and returned within forty-eight (48) hours from the time that Sponsor sends the Documents.
The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any potential winner if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the potential winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor, its products or any of the Promotion Entities.
If the potential winner fails to complete and return the Documents as required, is found to be ineligible, is non-compliant with the Official Rules for any reason or declines to accept the Prize; if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner; or if delivery of the Notification is unsuccessful, then the Prize may be forfeited, and, time permitting, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from the remaining entries from the Entry Period to select an alternative potential winner.
If a dispute concerning the Winner’s identity arises, the winning entry will be declared as having been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address that was used to submit the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each Participant may be required to show proof of being an Authorized Account Holder.
Sponsor reserves the right to announce any Winner at or after such time that Sponsor has verified and/or confirmed such Winner in its sole discretion. Sponsor may announce no winners if no winners have been verified and/or confirmed.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Promotion, Participants agree that the Promotion Entities, and each of their respective shareholders, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters and their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable entries, e-mail notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/use net accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, programming, printing or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction. The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for any entries in excess of the stated limit or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be disqualified.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, including due to infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Promotion, each Participant agrees to the following: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including, but not limited to, any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the Participant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; (b) injury or damage resulting from participation in the Promotion or receipt, redemption or use of any Prize; (c) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (d) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Promotion materials; (e) acceptance, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (f) any change in the Prize distribution (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control (collectively, the “Force Majeure”), or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (g) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Promotion; (h) human error; (i) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any entry (including, without limitation, the registration information or any parts thereof); (j) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by a Participant; (k) interruption or inability to access the Promotion or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions; (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries; (n) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by Participant.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Promotion, including Prize components, are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. DISPUTES: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK. THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK, IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND THAT EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR DEMAND RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THIS PROMOTION WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION. ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN PARTICIPANTS AND SPONSOR OF WHATSOEVER KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF THESE RULES, SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC. (“JAMS”) FOR BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER ITS RULES THEN IN EFFECT IN THE NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, U.S.A. AREA, BEFORE ONE ARBITRATOR TO BE MUTUALLY AGREED UPON BY BOTH PARTIES. THE PARTIES AGREE TO SHARE EQUALLY IN THE ARBITRATION COSTS INCURRED. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a Prize, each Participant agrees to allow each Promotion Entity and/or such Promotion Entity’s designee the perpetual right to use each Participant’s name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, voice recording, video images and all related entries, footage and statements for Sponsor’s promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, but not limited to, on live or recorded television, radio, the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, that a Participant has entered or attempted to enter the Promotion by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities, proxy servers or like methods, every one of that Participant’s entries will be declared null and void, and that Participant will be ineligible to win a Prize. Also, if it is discovered that any Participant attempts to receive additional entries in excess of the stated limitation, that Participant may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be disqualified from the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and will result in the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize Documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s interpretation of these Official Rules is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in any Promotion promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the identity of the winner, interested parties must mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to the following address: Fila U.S.A., Inc., 1411 Broadway, 30th FL, New York, NY 10018, ATTN: Legal Dept. FILA Grant Hill Sweepstakes – Winners List Request. Sponsor must receive any requests on or before February 4, 2019.
13. SPONSOR: Fila U.S.A., Inc. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Instagram’s parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliates. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to Sponsor, not to Instagram.
Sponsor shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
© 2018 Fila U.S.A., Inc. All rights reserved.